I am getting “500 Internal Server Error” when try to backup my website. How to solve it?
The error you get refers to the mod_fcgid and timeout limits. It happens when the hosting/server has time limits that does not allow some large files to be transferred.
1) In order to solve timeout problem, you have to increase timeout limits:
open file /etc/httpd/conf.d/fcgid.conf and add FcgidIOTimeout 90 or 120.
2) To fix “500 Internal Server Error” from Nginx timing follow the steps:
open file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf and add the following:
3) You can also try to increase max_execution_time in php.ini.file
If you have access to FTP settings, open php.ini file and add there max_execution_time = 120 (script running 120 seconds).
4) You can also add the following code in .htaccess file:
NOTE: some hostings/server do not allow this option in .htaccess file. In this case, add the lines from above to your vhost.
5) In case you get “MySQL server has gone away” error use the following:
in file /etc/my.conf add wait_timeout = 120