I get error when trying to run Google Analytics Counter Tracker plugin – The site reports “Authentication error. Please deactivate and activate plugin”
In most cases this error means that you do not have any Google Analytics account.
1. Move to your Analytics Counter Settings and click “Create Google Analytics Account” or follow the link
2. You will be brought to Google Analytics page where you have to “Sign Up”.
3. Complete the required fields with information and hit “Get Tracking ID” in the bottom of the page and accept Google Analytics Terms of Service.
4. After that you will be brought to the page where you can see your Tracking ID and Tracking Code for your website.
5. You can copy Tracking Code and paste it manually in the plugin Analytics Counter at your wordpress or choose the tap “Automatically generate Google Analytics Code” – “connect your Google Analytics account”.