I need to set up Analytics tracking for my static webpage. Any tips how to do it?
In order to set up Analytics tracking you will need your Analytics tracking ID or tracking code snippet. Follow the steps to find them:
- sign in into your Google Analytics account;
- choose the admin tab, that is located on the top of your Analytics page;
- in the Account column choose necessary account from the opened menu;
- in opened opened menu in Property column choose a property;
- under the Property, you will find ” Tracking Info” –> “Tracking Code”. Click on it.
Setting up Analytics tracking for Static website.
If you need to collect analytics stats data for static website, you have to copy the Analytics tracking code and then paste it into the source code on any page of your website which you want to track. The fact is that in static website the HTML page is not generated by the interface programming language, namely PHP, Python, Ruby and others.
- Paste this intact snippet before the closing
</head>tag on each page of your website that you want to track.