When I try to make local backup or dropbox backup, they both fail. There is no details about the backup and the backup stops at this stage: “Testing of TarGz was finished successfully. Testing of ZIP under shell was finished successfully”. It looks like this:
1) Try to changes Backup Method.
– Open Settings box in Dropbox Full Backup page;
– Try to make a backup using only Zip Shell method.
– If the problem remains, untick both methods and use a default zip.
2) It is also possible that your wordpress cron does not work. For an appropriate backup process, WP_cron should be enabled. We’d recommend to check if you use any cron plugins like WP Crontrol and WP-Cron Control, because they may disable wp_cron work. If you use any, please deactivate them and try to make a backup.
3) Make sure that you have enough access permissions.
Web server Apache or Nginx must have access to files and folders like your FTP/SSH user.
Permissions for all folders must be 755.
Permissions for all files must be 644.