What are tracking code, tracking ID, and property number and how can I find them?
Property number, tracking code and tracking ID you can find in your Google Analytics Account. Here are some directions for you:
How to get tracking code.
- Sign in into your Google Analytics Account.
- Open Admin tab.
- Click on the area under Account and in opened menu choose the account you need.
- Click on the area under Property and in opened menu choose the property you need.
- There you will see “Tracking info” under the Property click on it and select “Tracking code”.
TRACKING CODE SNIPPET is a code that is used only if you want to collect stats data from sites. If you want to collect stats data from mobiles applications or any other devices, you can use the Analytics SDKs for mobile apps and the Measurement Protocol for other devices (game consoles and ticket kiosks). It should be noted that it is the developer who can install Analytics SDKs and Measurement Protocol.
- UA-XXXXXXXX-X is TRACKING ID and is comprised into tracking code. The function of this string is to notify Analytics where to send data
- The last numbers you see in your tracking ID ( -X) is called PROPERTY NUMBER.